Galveston.com The Galveston Island Bucket List
The Galveston Island CVB offers professional assistance in every area of meeting and convention activity including hotel request for proposals (RFP), planning, promotion, registration and spousal programs.
For group tour operators, we offer hotel rate proposals, sample itineraries, collateral materials and coordination assistance. For family reunions and weddings, we offer hotel rate proposals, collateral materials and coordination assistance.
The GALVESTON ISLAND PASS is your key to adventure and savings while exploring the numerous attractions that make Galveston so special.
Select four or more participating attractions and save up to 40% off retail price.
Updated 40 days ago
There is so much to do on our little island that you may not be able to do it all at once, but no worries! We have compiled the ultimate 'bucket list' to tackle in Galveston, Texas.
How many have you done? One? Ten? Better get going!
1. Take a helicopter ride around the island
2. Visit 1892 Bishop’s Palace
3. Try Gaido’s world-famous Texas shaped pecan pie
4. Catch a show at The Grand 1894 Opera House (named “The Official Opera House of Texas”)
5. Reel in a fish off 61st Street Fishing Pier
6. Go shelling (and if you’re really lucky you might just find a Sea Bean)!
7. Catch a cotton-candied colored sunrise on the beach
8. Bike the entire 10.3 miles of Seawall (the nation’s longest continuous sidewalk)
9. Ride the train at the Galveston Railroad Museum
10. Check out the catch of the day and eat fresh seafood from Katie’s Seafood Market
11. Meet a penguin, otter or seal at Moody Gardens
12. Attend Dickens on The Strand in costume
13. Get spooked year-round at the Haunted Mayfield Manor
14. Spot a dolphin on a harbor tour
15. Ride the World’s Tallest Water Coaster at Schlitterbahn: MASSIV
16. Discover Old-World Charm in Historic Downtown Galveston
17. Spot as many of the 35 tree sculptures as possible
18. Snap a picture inside a #LoveGalveston picture frame and share on social media
19. Try Galveston Island Brewing beer
20. Play a round of golf at Moody Gardens
21. Attend the largest motorcycle rally in Texas
22. Purchase local art
23. Take your pet to the beach (dog?, cat?, rabbit?, or pig? Galveston’s beaches welcomes all walks of life!)
24. Step aboard the1877 Tall Ship ELISSA
25. Go Birding
26. Rent a beach house
27. Explore the Broadway Cemetery
28. Take a picture underneath the Mardi Gras Arch
29. Catch a play at Island ETC
30. Explore Hendley Market
31. Take a picture on one of the GIANT beach chairs and share using #LoveGalveston
32. Read a book on the Great Storm of 1900 at the Rosenberg Library
33. Attend Movie Nite on The Strand at Saengerfest Park
34. Grab a scoop of Hey Mikey’s homemade ice cream
35. Take a cruise out of Galveston Island
36. Witness a taffy pull at La King’s Confectionery
37. Take a tour of the USS Cavalla and USS Stewart at The Galveston Naval Museum at Seawolf Park
38. Go to the Galveston’s Own Farmers Market at the Bryan Museum
39. Check out the famous Victorian architecture from Galveston’s own Nicholas Clayton (from Bishop’s Palace to Sacred Heart Catholic Church and many more!)
40. Catch beads at Mardi Gras! Galveston
41. Recreate the 1900 Storm Memorial statue pose
42. Learn how to build a sandcastle
43. Enjoy happy hour at a downtown restaurant
44. Make a round trip on the FREE ferry
45. Take a selfie with a Turtles About Town sea turtle statue
46. Spot a monkey at the Moody Gardens Rainforest exhibit
47. Take a ghost tour
48. Take an action shot in front of the “Greeting from Galveston, Texas” mural and share using the #LoveGalveston
49. Try a ‘Have A Cow! Shake’ from Star Drug Store
50. Ride a Segway down the Strand Historic District
*Printable Checklist - Galveston Island Bucket List
Clayton is the Engagement Strategist for the Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau, overseeing the bureau's social media presence and engagement initiatives. He began working in the tourism industry following his graduation from Texas State University with a BS in Public Relations and Mass Communication.
Mardi Gras! Galveston: 2019 Mardi Gras! Galveston Parade ScheduleUpdated 4 days ago
Galveston Beach Parks Open Mar. 9, 2019Updated 6 days ago
Loftwalk at Artist Lofts this SaturdayUpdated 7 days ago
Join our Newsletter
© Galveston.com & Company 1994 - 2015 | More information