One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the former residence of William J. Killeen built in 1886. The marker was erected in 1980 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“A bookkeeper for the Texas Cooperative Association, William J. Killeen built this residence about 1886. His family continued to live here following his death the same year. In 1899 the house was purchased by Dr. John Thomas Moore (1863-1951). A former educator, he later became a prominent physician, pioneering the medical use of radium in the Houston area. The two-story home has characteristics of the Greek revival and Victorian styles.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1980”