One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker highlights the home of cotton buyer Bernard Roensch. The marker was erected in 1966 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“Built about 1882 by cotton buyer Bernard Roensch. Late Greek revival architecture with high Victorian detail in gingerbread trim, ornate tower, stained glass panels and transoms, slate mantels, fine staircase. Has survived many storms.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1966”