One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the Quigg-Baulard Cottage originally built by William and Josephine Quigg in 1867. The marker was erected in 2015 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“The Quigg-Baulard Cottage was originally built by William and Josephine Quigg in 1867. The wooden house with clapboard siding includes five-foot brick piers. The front exhibits Greek revival features, characteristic of mid-19th century Galveston. A rear extension was added by 1871. French immigrant Victor J. Baulard purchased the home in 1875 and extensively added to the building in 1887. The Baulard family owned the property until it was purchased by Texas philanthropist Mary Moody Northen in 1962. The Mary Moody Northen Endowment was responsible for a comprehensive restoration that was completed in 1991.”
“RECORDED TEXAS HISTORIC LANDMARK – 2016”