One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at an Italianate-Queen Anne style house was built in 1892 . The marker was erected in 1982 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“This elaborate Italianate-Queen Anne style house was built in 1892 by Galveston grocer John Hagemann and his wife Jerusha. In 1932 the home was purchased by Thomas and Laura Ella Cobb. A city health inspector, Cobb was the head of the local Brewer’s Union and was politically active in the community. The Hagemann-Cobb house features a distinctive wraparound veranda with a curved metal roof and ornate detailing of the Eastlake style.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1982”