One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the Queen Anne style house built by William John Frederich, Sr.. The marker was erected in 1990 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“Galveston native and banker William John Frederich, Sr. (1852-1898), had this house built for his family in 1894. After his death, his widow Jeanne sold the home to his nephew, Frederich William Erhard, in 1909. The home remained in the Erhard family until 1972. Built in a typical raised cottage form, the Queen Anne house features elaborate detailing in its porch balustrade, panelled frieze, and sunburst motifs in the gable ends and brackets.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1990.”