One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the former residence of cotton buyer Charles Albertson built in 1870. The marker was erected in 2014 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“This historic house was built in 1870 by Charles Albertson in the Lost Bayou section of the current San Jacinto historical district. Albertson was a cotton buyer active in Galveston until 1900. The great storm of 1900 left the house seriously damaged, but still standing. In 1903, Ben Blum bought and remodeled the house, and divided the property with this wing of the house moved east and closer to the street. Blum rented the east wing, supplying rented living space for the population influx to Galveston. The two-story house is a classic example of post-civil war southern town house architecture with octagonal columns and bracketed eaves.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 2014”