One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the former residence of businessman John Adriance. The marker was erected in 1989 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“This house was built in 1914 for the family of businessman John Adriance, who was instrumental in Galveston’s early development. It was sold in 1929 to business and civic leader Oscar Springer, whose family continued to live here until 1960. Designed by L. S. Green, the house reflects a mixture of styles and features an entry portico with colossal Doric order columns, a craftsman style gable, wraparound porch, porte cochere, and arched basement.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1989”