The Galveston Art League was founded in June, 1914. Today, it enjoys the distinction of being the oldest art league in Texas. Throughout the years, the league has exhibited the work of local artists, sponsored art instruction by well known artists, provided student scholarships and introduced Galvestonians to the cultural world.
Over 100 years later, the Galveston Art League continues to support the philosophy of the National Endowment for the Arts, “A great Nation Deserves Great Art,” and works to bring that philosophy to the community.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 – 6:00 PM
- Promotes & Encourages Artistic Development
- Special Events Scheduled Throughout the Year
- ArtWalk Participating Exhibition Space
- Education Programs Available
- Presents 3 Juried Competitions Annually