Galveston.com  Saint Paul United Methodist Church

HISTORIC PLACES
Advertisement
general map disqus

This congregation was organized in 1866 through a division of parishioners from the reorganized Reedy Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church. The Saint Paul Methodist Episcopal Church congregation purchased property between 8th and 9th Streets on Avenue H (Ball). The first pastor of the new church was the Reverend Samuel Osborn.

According to county records, in 1902, Saint Paul sold its property on Ball Street and purchased the land on 14th and Broadway, where the church is located today. Wesley Tabernacle United Methodist Church emerged from the Saint Paul congregation.