Restored to its turn of the century splendor, the 28,000 square-foot, four-story Moody Mansion was completed in 1895. Today, guests of the home visit 20 rooms on a tour that depicts the home life of a powerful Texas family. The Moodys established one of the great American financial empires. Based on cotton, it grew to include banking, ranching, insurance and hotels.
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Self-Guided Audio Tour Admission
- Adults: $15
- Students (age 6 thru 18): $7
- Children (5 & Under): Free
Guided All-Access Tour
- Take an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour with a knowledgeable docent guiding you through areas not normally open to the public, describing Mary Moody Northen’s vision for preserving her home and sharing her collections. These tours are conducted at 4 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Tour size is limited to 10 people; reservations are highly recommended. Call (409) 762-7668.
- Restored to Its Turn-of-the-Century Splendor
- Listed as One of the Nation’s Most Famous Houses by The Travel Channel
- Self-Guided and Guided Tours Available
- Located Minutes from The Strand Historic District
- Available for Group Events & Weddings
Rent the elegant dining room at Moody Mansion for an evening meal for up to 14 people. You are free to arranged for your own caterer or bring your own food. Call for details.
Call (409)762-7668 for rental information.
The philanthropic legacy of the Moody family of Galveston is carried on today by the Moody Foundation and the Mary Moody Northen Endowment. Both charitable foundations are major forces in health care, education, historic preservation, and the arts.