One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at this late Victorian home owned by Maud J. H. Moller The marker was erected in 1983 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“Built in the mid-1890s, this late Victorian home was owned by Maud J. H. Moller from about 1895 until 1911. She and her husband, Jens, were prominent in Galveston business and political circles. Cotton exporter and Swiss Consul Ulrich Muller resided in the home from 1898 to 1910. Interesting features of the home include the curving stairway to the porch, the Queen Anne columns, and the corner pavilion.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1983”