One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the former residence of Isabella Offenbach Maas built in 1886. The marker was erected in 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“Built in 1886, this residence was shared by Isabella O. Maas and her daughter and son-in-law, Rosana and Nathan Redlich. Active in civic and charitable organizations, Mrs. Maas lived here until her death in 1891. Dr. W. C. Fisher, city health officer, occupied the home from 1891 until 1928. The house, of a Queen Anne derivative style with Eastlake detail, features a front double gallery, milled detail, and shingled and mill-detail gable ends.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1986”