One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at a Victorian cottage that is the former residence of A. Wilkins Miller. The marker was erected in 1983 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“A. Wilkins Miller had this residence built by Galveston contractor R. B. Garnett in 1895. As president of Miller & Vidor Lumber Co., one of the largest in the state, Miller was responsible for the growth of the timber industry in much of southeast Texas and for the development of area rail lines. This Victorian cottage, where Miller and his wife resided until 1912, features decorative sawn brackets, stained glass, and bay windows.”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1983”