Getting Around the Island
E Z from A to Z
From the harbor to the Gulf and from East End to West, you’ll find it quite easy to get where you’re wanting to be while on the Island.
Fun Ways to See the Isle
So you’re considering a visit to the Galveston Bay Area! That’s wonderful! We’re confident you’ll find our Southern hospitality, temperate weather, sun-drenched beaches, and lively events the recipe for a perfect getaway. And we’re doing our best to make this website the perfect assistant for your vacation planning needs!
Wanna be the ultimate insider? Then sign up for the official Galveston.com Newsletter! Stay up-to-date with the latest information regarding upcoming events & festivals, plus enjoy exclusive access to deals & tips.
Galveston.com: Coastal Texas from the Gulf to Galveston Bay™, brought to you by Galveston.com & Company since 1994.
Paying to park anywhere is a necessary evil, but in Galveston, you can see first-hand where your money is going! Parking fees collected on the Seawall are used to maintain and add amenities, such as landscaping, lighting and restrooms. Parking fees are collected downtown to ensure that adequate parking is available for people eating, shopping and visiting downtown.
If you are planning to park on the seawall or downtown, you should download the Pay By Phone app available in your smart phone’s app store, and set up your payment options.
- Location for Pay by Phone App: 5004
- Fee: $1 per hour, $8 per day, or $25 Annual Pass
- When: 10 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Location for Pay by Phone App: 5689
- Fee: $1.50 per hour + $0.25 transaction fee
- When: 9 am to 6 pm, Monday thru Saturday; Sundays are free
- Annual Seawall + Beach Parks Pass: $50
- There are 16 pay stations located downtown where you can use cash, credit or debit. You can also call the toll free number located on the signs.
- Always look for signage and try to avoid parking in any residential locations. Areas near the Seawall and UTMB usually require permits; you can easily get a ticket or be towed!
- Owners of vehicles displaying handicap tags or placards as well as Disabled Veterans may park for free.
- Others who receive parking fee exemptions include: Congressional Medal of Honor, Former Prisoner of War, Pearl Harbor Survivor, Purple Heart Recipient, Legion of Valor (Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross or Medal of Honor) or Legion of Merit License Plates