One of over 200 historical markers on the island, this marker is located at the former residence of Archibald R. Campbell built in 1871. The marker was erected in 1962 by the Texas Historical Commission.
“This house is a large frame structure designed by Sharfenberg and Lesengard typical of the era and coastal region in which it was built. It could be best described as American, Southern, Victorian as it has very large rooms with high ceilings. The interior has been maintained with most of the original furniture. The house was built by the father of the present owner, Archibals R. Campbell Sr.”
“Original Application filed on September 27, 1962”
“Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1962”