Share the adventure of the high seas at the Texas Seaport Museum, home of the celebrated 1877 tall ship ELISSA. Explore the decks of this floating National Historic Landmark which has also been designated one of America’s Treasures by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Walk ELISSA’s decks and imagine the days when daring sailors challenged the world’s oceans. In the adjacent museum and theater, witness the story of ELISSA’s dramatic rescue from the scrap yard and her meticulous restoration.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Adult [Age 19 yrs and up]: $12
- Youth [Age 6 through 18]: $9
- Child [Age 5 and under]: FREE
- Galveston Historical Foundation members: FREE
- Self-guided Tours of the Museum & Tall Ship Elissa
- A Theater Presentation
- Access to the Galveston Immigration Database
With moonlight silhouetting the masts of the 1877 tall ship Elissa, Texas Seaport Museum provides a romantic, outdoor setting for weddings and receptions. The location on Galveston’s historic waterfront also offers a picturesque site for a variety of business and social functions.
- 500 on Elissa and museum site
- 300 for seated dinner on the pier
Fee includes Elissa’s decks, galleries, officers’ quarters, and galley for use as a serving area or bar, as well as the museum’s pier, galleries and rest rooms. All functions must be catered; no kitchen facilities are available. Wheelchair accessible, except Elissa.