Mardi Gras Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park? What should I wear? Read our Mardi Gras FAQs here.
Mardi Gras! Galveston is held annually during the two weeks preceding Lent. The 2020 celebration will take place February 14 – February 25, 2020, with festivities held on both weekends and Fat Tuesday.
Admission to the entertainment district is FREE for children 12 years or younger accompanied by a parent or guardian. Seawall parades and festivities are free to attend.
We have many hotels on the Island to fit all comfort levels and budgets. Certain hotels do offer Mardi Gras packages, which can be found here. If you wish to stay at a hotel not on that list, please contact them directly. Since Mardi Gras! Galveston is such a popular festival, it is best to book your hotel a few months in advance to secure a room.
Visitors can also choose from a variety of bed-and-breakfasts, condominiums or vacation rental homes. Please check www.galveston.com/lodging for contact information or to book direct, or call (888)939-8680.
A Taxi stand will be located on 23rd and Market for pickup and drop off of guests to the entertainment district.
Yes. The following is a list of prohibited items:
- No Cans
- No Alcohol (alcohol is sold at the festival)
- No Food or beverages, except for 2 factory sealed water bottles up to 1 liter each
- No Silly String
- No Strollers After Dark
- No Glass Containers/Bottles
- No Skateboards
- No Roller Blades
- No Bicycles
- No Scooters
- No Backpacks
- No Weapons (except legally permitted firearms)
- No Large Umbrellas
- No Fireworks or explosives
- No Large chains or spike jewelry
- No Pets (except service dogs)
- No Outdoor/Indoor Furniture
- No Professional still camera equipment. No detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial use rigs
- No Professional video equipment.
- No Illegal vending is permitted. No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed.
- No Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways etc…