Artist Boat Kayak Adventure: Coastal Heritage Preserve
This destination occurs at the natural and restored marshes protecting one of the most pristine examples of a dune/swale complex on Galveston Island. Join us to discover the wonders of the dune/swale complex and wetlands and to celebrate nature while envisioning our future home.
What to Bring:
- Sturdy shoes such as boots or sneakers. NO FLIP FLOPS. Your feet will get wet and muddy.
- Long pants and a light long-sleeve shirt are recommended
- Drinking water, lunch, and snacks
- A hat, bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Plastic bag for trash. We are not allowed to leave food debris in our trashcan. It is carry in – carry out.
- A dry bag is recommended if you plan on carrying a cell phone or camera on the kayak.
What to Be Prepared For:
- Cold or hot weather. Be prepared with clothes that will keep you warm or cool. Dressing in layers is often a good idea. You will get wet.
- Wild animals. There are fire ants and bees out at the Preserve. We’ve never had any issues with them, but be on the lookout and take appropriate precautions.
- Maintain physical distance (6 feet) from the Artist Boat employee at all times.
Artist Boat is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting awareness and preservation of coastal margins and the marine environment through the disciplines of the sciences and the arts.