If you're looking to party East Beach is your ultimate destination! Located at the far eastern tip of the island, East Beach is famous for its great festivals and live concerts held throughout the summer months. The beach park is home to a pavilion, boardwalk and entertainment stage as well as restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, concessions and other amenities. Unlike most of Galveston's beaches, alcohol is permitted at East Beach.
The first weekend in June, the park hosts the annual American Institute of Architects (AIA) Sandcastle Competition where thousands flock to see elaborate structures built from sand.
$8 per vehicle
$16 per RV
- Entertainment Stage and Boardwalk
- Chair & Umbrella Rentals
- Alcohol Permitted
- Bird Sanctuary Located in Park
- Beach Wheelchairs Available
- Beach Supplies
- Food and Drinks
- Jet Ski Rentals
- Alcohol Available
- Glass prohibited
- Pets Permitted on Leashes
- Clean Up After Your Pets
- Camping Prohibited 12am-5am
- Open Fires Prohibited (BBQ pits allowed)
- Stay Off Dunes
- Tents and Tarps Permitted in Designated Areas
- Launching Boats Permitted in Designated Area West of Park
- Hard Bottom Craft (Surfboard, Kayaks, etc.) are Prohibited May 15th thru Labor Day. (Permitted West of Park Year Round).
- Fishing permitted from South Jetty and West of Park
- 4-Wheelers, ATV's, and Dirt Bikes are Prohibited
- One-Time Entry Per Vehicle with Paid Entry.
Hours of Operation
March 8 - May 23, 2015 & September 9 - October 8, 2015
Memorial Day to Labor Day:
(Note: Hours may be seasonal and subject to change)