Galveston.com  Galveston, TX (77550) Weather, Current Conditions, & Tides

GALVESTON WEATHER

Home ⁄ Connect ⁄ Weather Central

GALVESTON WEATHER

Currently from Downtown Strand
Skies:
Temperature:
Feels Like:
Humidity:
Wind:
Pressure:
Visibility:
Rain - Past Hour:
Rain - Today:
Last Update:
Clear
88.6°
100.0°
66%
South 2.10mph
30.04"
10.00 mi.
0.00"
0.00"
8/17/2017 8:37 AM
Currently from 37th & Seawall
Skies:
Temperature:
Feels Like:
Humidity:
Wind:
Pressure:
Visibility:
Rain - Past Hour:
Rain - Today:
Last Update:
Clear
87.1°
102.0°
78%
South 6.50mph
30.04"
10.00 mi.
0.00"
0.00"
8/17/2017 8:37 AM
10-Day Galveston Island Forecast
Thursday
weatherimage
90°
83°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 10% / 0"
Friday
weatherimage
90°
82°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 10% / 0"
Saturday
weatherimage
89°
82°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 20% / 0"
Sunday
weatherimage
89°
81°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 20% / 0"
Monday
weatherimage
86°
81°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 30% / 0"
Tuesday
weatherimage
88°
82°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 40% / 0"
Wednesday
weatherimage
88°
81°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 20% / 0"
Thursday
weatherimage
89°
81°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 20% / 0"
Friday
weatherimage
88°
81°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 10% / 0"
Saturday
weatherimage
88°
80°
Partly Cloudy
Rain: 20% / 0"
Stan Blazyk's Weather Forecast


Current Surface Map

click to enlarge
Upper Level Map

click to enlarge
Radar Loop

click to enlarge
US Satellite Image

click to enlarge
Tropical Basin Satellite

click to enlarge
THURSDAY, AUGUST 17, 2017

HURRICANE GERT RACES EAST-NORTHEAST IN THE ATLANTIC--WHILE THE ATLANTIC BECOMES MORE ACTIVE

PARTLY CLOUDY AND HOT TODAY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSHOWERS

PARTLY CLOUDY AND MILD TONIGHT WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF EARLY MORNING SHOWERS

PARTLY CLOUDY AND HOT TOMORROW WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSHOWERS

PARTLY CLOUDY AND HOT ON SATURDAY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSHOWERS

Partly cloudy and hot today with a 20% chance of isolated thundershowers. Highs will range from near 90 on the Island to the mid-90's inland. Look for southerly winds at 10-15 mph.

Partly cloudy and mild tonight with a 10% chance of thundershowers after midnight. We should have southerly winds at 10-15 mph. Low temperatures will be in the low-80's.

Tomorrow should bring partly cloudy skies and hot temperatures with a 20% chance of isolated thundershowers. Highs will range from near 90 in Galveston to the low-90's on the mainland. We anticipate southerly winds at 5-10 mph.

On Saturday, look for partly cloudy skies and hot temperatures with a 20% chance of isolated thundershowers. Highs will range from near 90 in Galveston to the low-90's on the mainland. Expect southwest winds at 5-10 mph.

SHORT-TERM OUTLOOK:High pressure aloft keep plenty of sunshine and hot temperatures around, though we will see some clouds and a chance of scattered thundershowers as weak upper-level low pressure persists over the southern Gulf of Mexico.

NATIONAL OUTLOOK:This morning, an active cold front will set off thunderstorms over the Texas Panhandle and the Great Lakes. The front is moving slowly southeast from a low east of El Paso to a low over southern Minnesota. The front then extends east from that later low across the southern Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic region to the Atlantic. Elsewhere, Gert is located in the Atlantic off the East Coast, low pressure is seen over North Carolina. Finally, high pressure continues over Arizona and western Canada.

At the Upper-Levels, we seeing a slightly more amplified flow. While high pressure prevails from Texas to much of the Southeastern U.S., we find a low pressure center over far eastern Canada. Weak low pressure troughs are also seen over the northern and central Plains and the far southwest from Nevada to Southern California.

EXTENDED OUTLOOK:

Typical summer conditions will continue as the upper-level high pressure ridge continues over Texas. A slight chance of rain will prevail through tomorrow as a weak upper-level low pressure is found over the southern Gulf of Mexico. However, the general pattern supports basically hot, dry conditions through the weekend. A trough drifting west in the Gulf of Mexico may bring a slightly enhanced change of showers early next week.

TROPICAL OUTLOOK

Hurricane Gert is located 350 miles south of Cape Race, Newfoundland. At 5 am, EDT, Gert was centered near 41.7 N and 54.0 W. Sustained winds were 100-mph and pressure was 968 MB (28.59"). Gert was moving east-northeast at 39-mph. Meanwhile, a disturbance 550 miles east of the Lesser Antilles has become better developed and is given a 90% chance for developing over the coming 5 days. Further east, a disturbance midway between Africa and the Lesser Antilles is given a 60% chance of developing over the coming 5 days and another south of the Cabo Verde Islands is given a 40% chance. Otherwise, tropical development is not expected at this time.

Tropical Tracker

Current tropical weather in the Gulf & Atlantic.

Galveston Isle Weather Data
Sunrise:
Sunset:

Yesterday Hi:
Yesterday Lo:
Yesterday Precip:
6:48 AM
7:57 PM

92.60°
86.90°
0.00"
Today's Weather Trivia

WEATHER 100 YEARS AGO TODAY:The low temperature was 82 and the high was 89 degrees. No rain was reported.

TODAY'S WEATHER TRIVIA:Category 3 Hurricane Alicia neared landfall at San Luis Pass on the evening of August 17, 1983. Widespread damage resulted on Galveston Island from 77-mph sustained winds, 102-mph gusts, a 7.5 foot tidal surge and 6.32 inches of rain as the storm moved ashore near midnight.

Galveston.com Weather Tweets!
Galveston Isle Tide Predictions
GALVESTON PIER 21
08/17 03:06
high
1.50ft.
08/17 08:12
low
1.36ft.
08/17 10:36
high
1.38ft.
08/17 07:30
low
-0.27ft.
08/18 03:54
high
1.57ft.
08/18 09:06
low
1.37ft.
08/18 12:00
high
1.42ft.
08/18 08:24
low
-0.32ft.
 
JAMAICA BEACH, WEST BAY
08/17 05:44
high
1.06ft.
08/17 11:43
low
0.97ft.
08/17 13:14
high
0.98ft.
08/17 11:01
low
-0.19ft.
08/18 06:32
high
1.11ft.
08/18 12:37
low
0.97ft.
08/18 14:38
high
1.01ft.
08/18 11:55
low
-0.23ft.
 
GALVESTON PLEASURE PIER
08/17 01:48
high
2.26ft.
08/17 08:00
low
1.61ft.
08/17 10:12
high
1.64ft.
08/17 06:24
low
-0.39ft.
08/18 02:42
high
2.38ft.
08/18 08:54
low
1.62ft.
08/18 11:24
high
1.67ft.
08/18 07:24
low
-0.45ft.
 
Tropical Tracker

Current tropical weather in the Gulf & Atlantic.

Galveston Isle Weather Data
Sunrise:
Sunset:

Yesterday Hi:
Yesterday Lo:
Yesterday Precip:
6:48 AM
7:57 PM

92.60°
86.90°
0.00"
Today's Weather Trivia

WEATHER 100 YEARS AGO TODAY:The low temperature was 82 and the high was 89 degrees. No rain was reported.

TODAY'S WEATHER TRIVIA:Category 3 Hurricane Alicia neared landfall at San Luis Pass on the evening of August 17, 1983. Widespread damage resulted on Galveston Island from 77-mph sustained winds, 102-mph gusts, a 7.5 foot tidal surge and 6.32 inches of rain as the storm moved ashore near midnight.

Galveston.com Weather Tweets!
Galveston Isle Tide Predictions
GALVESTON PIER 21
08/17 03:06
high
1.50ft.
08/17 08:12
low
1.36ft.
08/17 10:36
high
1.38ft.
08/17 07:30
low
-0.27ft.
08/18 03:54
high
1.57ft.
08/18 09:06
low
1.37ft.
08/18 12:00
high
1.42ft.
08/18 08:24
low
-0.32ft.
 
JAMAICA BEACH, WEST BAY
08/17 05:44
high
1.06ft.
08/17 11:43
low
0.97ft.
08/17 13:14
high
0.98ft.
08/17 11:01
low
-0.19ft.
08/18 06:32
high
1.11ft.
08/18 12:37
low
0.97ft.
08/18 14:38
high
1.01ft.
08/18 11:55
low
-0.23ft.
 
GALVESTON PLEASURE PIER
08/17 01:48
high
2.26ft.
08/17 08:00
low
1.61ft.
08/17 10:12
high
1.64ft.
08/17 06:24
low
-0.39ft.
08/18 02:42
high
2.38ft.
08/18 08:54
low
1.62ft.
08/18 11:24
high
1.67ft.
08/18 07:24
low
-0.45ft.