Book Galveston Island Lodging and automatically receive hundreds of dollars worth of money-saving Galveston Island coupons to use during your stay! Enjoy discounts on everything from meals to attraction tickets. more...
Galveston is the “Winter Wonder Island” of Texas and this season the island will offer visitors a new experience with its Passport to Holiday Magic – a two-month celebration of more than 1,000 magical holiday events!
Galveston's Passport to
Holiday Magic program takes place November 16, 2013
through January 4, 2014. This fun passport is a way to
track your memorable experiences and have the chance to
receive more gifts this holiday season! Remember to
complete and submit your passport by January 10, 2014 to
be entered in multiple drawings for overnight hotel stays,
attraction passes and the grand prize of a Carnival Magic Cruise for 4!
Below is a list of just some of the exciting events featured on Galveston’s Passport to Holiday Magic:
Lasers, Lights & Magic in the Park November 30 – December 31, 2013
downtown will sparkle with fun Nov.
30 - Dec. 31 as Saengerfest Park is transformed into
a holiday spectacle for Lasers, Lights and Magic in the Park.
Visitors to downtown will be able to enjoy free nightly laser
light shows, music and snow flurries during the holiday season.
"A Magical Christmas 2" December 19-28, 2013
Revive your child's spirit with "A Magical Christmas 2" at Moody Gardens, starring Master Illusionist Curt Miller & Friends. Experience Christmas narratives, singers, dancers, and spectacular illusions. Tickets include Dinner, Show, and admission to the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights!
Shopping in the Historic Downtown Strand Seaport
Downtown Galveston has all
the charm of a traditional holiday destination
while offering the benefits of tropical weather and outdoor
shopping. This 36-block district boasts beautiful Victorian ironfront
buildings filled with boutique shops, antique stores, unique art
galleries, and some of the finest cuisine on the island.
Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens November 16, 2013 – January 4, 2014
Moody Gardens lights
up the season in Galveston with its
annual Festival of Lights - the largest holiday lighting
celebration on the Gulf Coast. This magical festival includes a milelong
trail of sparking lights and light displays synchronized to music,
carolers, hot chocolate stations, ice skating and other holiday activities
wrapped around the breathtaking Moody Gardens pyramids. For details, visit www.moodygardens.org.
Holiday Performances at The Grand November 16, 2013 -– January 4, 2014 The Grand 1894 Opera House
presents a holiday season filled with
live entertainment - Broadway musicals, iconic
stars, comedy and lots of music will ring in the season! Choose
4 or more shows and make your own Holiday Subscription package!
Holidays at The Grand are Simply Irresistible! For details, visit www.thegrand.com.
Dickens on the Strand December 6-8, 2013
The 40th Anniversary
of Dickens on The Strand takes
visitors on an enchanted journey through history
with an exciting festival that transforms Galveston's historic Strand
into the Victorian London of Charles Dickens. Characters from Dickens'
novels walk the streets while live entertainment, food and vendors fill
the area with sights and smells from another era. As a special treat,
the event features an appearance from real descendants of Charles
Dickens! For details, visit www.galvestonhistory.org.
Santa Hustle December 22, 2013
Runners have a
"jolly good time" in Galveston
for the annual Santa Hustle! At this event,
half marathon and 5K runners compete in Santa suits and
beards in a race that takes them along the island's gorgeous Gulf
waters and historic downtown streets. Along the route, participants
can stop at cookie and candy stations while enjoying holiday music.
Holiday Magic Sweepstakes Official Rules
2013 GALVESTON PASSPORT TO HOLIDAY MAGIC SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S.") AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Your chances of winning without making a purchase at participating Passport to Holiday Magic events or overnight accommodations are the same as the chances of someone who purchases something. It is illegal to give any advantage to buyers in a sweepstakes. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia ("U.S.") and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau (the "Sponsor"), its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters/suppliers, and members of the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on November 16, 2013 and ends on January4, 2014.
3. TO ENTER: To enter this sweepstakes, visit http://www.galveston.com/holidaymagic/ ("Web Site") and access the free downloadable entry form or “passport.” Collect a total of five (5) stamps from participating events or overnight accommodations. There are a total of nine (9) free Passport to Holiday Magic events. Complete the entry form and submit as directed. Entries must be received by Sponsor on or before January 10, 2014. Limit one entry per person.
4. DRAWING/PRIZE: A random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor after January 10, 2014 from among all eligible entries received to award the following prizes:
Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark: Family
Four One-Day 2014 Summer Admission Pack
(3 sets of prizes)
Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark: Family
Four One Day 2013
Subject to availability. Some restrictions apply. Prizes expire on December 30, 2014. If winner cannot accept prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner. All expenses not specified are winner's sole responsibility. Winner will be notified by email. Please add email@example.com to your "safe senders" list to ensure the email notification is delivered to your inbox. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received.
5. TAXES: All taxes on prizes and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winners.
6. RULES: By participating, each entrant (and entrant's parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this promotion.
7. GENERAL: Winner (and winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. If any prizes or documents are returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner will be disqualified and prize forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If winner is not of the age of majority in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of or to parent or legal guardian (as solely determined by Sponsor) who must execute all documents and agree to all undertakings of winner set forth in these Official Rules or prize may be forfeited. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No prize transfer or cash redemption or substitution, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value should prize become unavailable. Entry information and entries become property of Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, EACH ENTRANT (and entrant's parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Sponsor, its board members, agents, representatives, employees, officers, directors, and all associated governmental units and entities as well as its advertising and promotion agencies, and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all of their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively "RELEASEES") from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind whether due to negligence or otherwise (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the promotion or any promotion related activity or travel related activity; and if winner accepts the prize, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software or program, network, or Internet or computer malfunction, or any communications accessibility, availability or lines, or technical errors of any kind or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail, entries or email; or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the promotion or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, and select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor..
Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or unauthorized access to the Web Site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web Site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods, will disqualify all entries using such methods. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of email account used to enter the Promotion, at actual time of entry, will be deemed to be participant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses.
Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials or programs or software to any computer, or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE www.galveston.com OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants (and entrant's parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree that: (1) the Federal Arbitration Act applies; (2) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Texas.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of major winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received on or before January 10, 2014 to: 2012 Galveston Passport to Holiday Magic Sweepstakes, c/o Galveston Island Visitors Center, 2328 Broadway, Galveston, Texas 77550.