Looking for something to do while in Galveston? Visit the cemetery with Linda McBee, (The Cemetery Lady). Find out about the Republic of Texas and its Patriots, the men who fought in the War between the States, interesting people that made Galveston the city it is, and hear about some unusual deaths.
Linda McBee is a B.O.I. (Born on the Island) whose ancestors arrived in 1851. An avid geneologist, there isn't anything she doesn't know about Galveston or its cemeteries!
McBee is a member of:
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- United Daughters of the Confederacy
- Daughters of the Republic of Texas
- United States Daughters of 1812
- Galveston County Genealogical Society
There are 4 Different Tours Offered:
Speaking and PowerPoint presentations are also available.
- 18th Century Texas Heroes
- Civil war Heroes
- Broadway Cemeteries — their History and its people
Tours are $10 per person
Kids Aged 3-12: $5
Kids Under 3 Years: Free
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only