Galveston.com  Yeager Home

HISTORIC PLACES
Advertisement
general map disqus

Charlie and Albertine Hall Yeager moved to Galveston and started a day nursery and kindergarten in their home. In 1923, they purchased a new home at 1111 32ndStreet and continued to care for children. By 1930, the day nursery and kindergarten became a non-profit orphanage. Over the years the home provided for more than 1,000 children in the community. It was incorporated as the Yeager Children's Home in 1960.