Ghost Tours Texas takes you on a fascinating walk through the historic and haunted Silk Stocking district starting at the famous Broadway mansion, Ashton Villa! Take a journey through time to experience eerie and tantalizing ghost mysteries. Step through the shadows, gather your courage and discover chilling and ghastly tales of murder, revenge, passion, heartache and breath-taking history!
For decades, brave travelers, paranormal enthusiasts, and those who enjoy a chill up their spine have flocked to Galveston's historic districts to explore its rich, tantalizing and bizarre history, but this walking tour of the Silk Stocking District is a first!! This 90-minute tour takes you through the beautiful, rich and spirited Queen Anne homes including the haunted Ashton Villa mansion. It is a family-friendly tour, loved by all ages!
- Step through the darkness and investigate the chilling location where a man was kept hostage for an entire night by a spirit
- Take a chance to see the lovely red-headed, "Miss Betty" Brown who still "lives" at the vintage 1858 Ashton Villa mansion. . she's been photographed staring out of the second floor window through the curtains — Bring your camera!
- Discover why Capt. Mott's apparition is regularly seen in the attic…could he be hiding the horrific murders committed by his son?
- Explore the vivid details of the 1900 Great Storm's night of terror, when a brave mother selflessly dragged bodies from the savage waters over her second floor balcony.
- Visit Galveston's last bordello…why does that prominent insurance man's spirit still lurk there?
Take this dramatic tour led by award winning tour guides and radio personalities who will captivate you with fascinating ghost experiences. This tour was designed by fifth-generation Galvestonian, Jan Johnson based on eye-witness accounts of paranormal occurrences. A talented writer and award winning tour guide, Jan published the book, "Walking Historic Galveston: A Guide to its Neighborhoods" and is currently working on her second masterpiece! She inserts a flare for the dramatic as she weaves her tantalizing tales, causing REAL spine-tingling chills!
Private group tours are their specialty! Call today and they will arrange and customize the tour just for you! Don't miss this exciting and memorable experience!
Advance online payment
Cash or check at the tour
Hours of Operation
Seasonal Hours. Please Call.
Group tours are Ghost Tour Texas's specialty. Call for an appointment.
Tour Duration: 90 minutes Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to register.