Explore, Create, and Observe with Artist Boat’s ECO-Camp!
- Monday, June 13th through Friday, June 17th
- Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 1st
- Monday, July 11th through Friday, July 15th
- Monday, July 25th through Friday, July 29th
- 9am to 4pm daily
- $375 for a one-week session.
- Open to students age 11-15 years and each camp session is limited to 10 campers.
Explore the wetland environment around Galveston Bay in a human powered vessel and on nature walks! Learn to kayak with American Canoe Association’s Quick Start Skills: rescue skills, how to handle the weather, trip planning and more. Learn how to seine and practice different fishing techniques such as cast netting and crabbing. Each camper will get to make their own personal pizza at our outdoor classroom!
Learn hand-building in clay, watercolor painting, sketching, acrylic painting, and crafting with natural objects found in nature. Every camper will walk away with a clay sculpture, canvas painting, fish print art, and a nature journal at the end of the week.
Study the fascinating native creatures through wildlife talks, skull studies, bug hunts, microscopes, and oyster and sea star dissections!
Be prepared to spend all day outside!
Campers will be spending all 7 hours of camp outside daily and should be prepared for multiple field experiences that include kayaking, nature walking, swimming, and fishing. Campers should wear attire that is appropriate for both and protects your skin from the sun.
What to bring:
- Show up wearing quick-dry clothing for kayaking
- Show up wearing shoes for kayaking. NO Flip flops, Crocs, or Rainboots!
- Show up wearing a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses
- Bring UV swimwear, shorts, and/or a light long-sleeve shirt
- Bring at least 64 oz. of drinking water, lunch, and snacks, NO sodas
- Signed waiver
To register, click here.