Who among us has not rolled out of bed late on Saturday or Sunday and hasn't Googled "breakfast?" The first meal of the day isn't supposed to be complicated, so to reduce any and all work behind the decision, we present Galveston Restaurant Week. Specifically, Galveston Restaurant Week Breakfast at The Gumbo Diner, where not only will you savor an undeniable morning wake-up call on the weekend, but each and every day in between!
The Gumbo Diner is where classic American dining and New Orleans flair meets the beach. Offering Southern breakfast staples, chicken & waffles, tasty burgers and the best Texas Gulf fried shrimp on the coast, this eatery is a hit among both locals and visitors alike.
Though many Island restaurants offer excellent breakfasts, The Gumbo Diner is the only one that's created a special Restaurant Week Breakfast Menu, and for only $10, it's arguably the best deal you'll find anywhere! From 7am to 11am daily, you're invited to feast your (morning) eyes on the following breakfast options:
- Dozen Beignets: The flavor of the Big Easy in a sweet, New Orleans Style beignet
- Quick Two Egg Breakfast with Beignets: 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips or savory sausage links, grits or hash browns & toast
- Happy Days Combo with Beignets: 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, hash browns & 2 buttermilk pancakes topped With cool strawberry or warm blueberry
- Chicken & Waffles with Beignets: Marinated boneless, skinless fried chicken tenders served on a buttermilk waffle with whipped butter and maple syrup
- Country Fried Steak & Eggs: Country fried steak, battered and fried to a golden brown topped with cream gravy. Served with 2 eggs, hash browns or grits & toast
Best advice, though? Save room. Cause the day's still young, and The Diner is only getting revved up. When it's high noon? Their $10 Restaurant Week Lunch Menu is equally dazzling, starting wih a choice of salad, then offering up an array of down-home favorites, including Chicken or Fish on a Roll, a prepared-your-way Tilapia Filet on a Challah roll, a Blue Plate Special, Gumbo & PoBoy, and their signature Chicken & Waffles.
And finally, when the dinner bell rings? Twenty dollars will buy you The Gumbo Diner's best-of-the-best, from Seasfood or Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, to Country Fried Steak, to a Blue Plate Special, or their incredible Shrimp Platter.
Remember! Participating in Galveston Restaurant Week is easy! There are no passes to buy, no coupons to carry, and no cards to punch, only a quick call to the restaurant of your choice to make reservations; then simply dine out now thru January 22nd! Reservations are strongly recommended to make sure you're able to sample your favorite flavors! The public is invited to experience cuisine that will amplify your palate and highlight the fun of dining on Galveston Island. Quite simply, this culinary tradition promises to "celebrate delicious!" like no other event of the year.