10 Ways to Tell a Galvestonian
By: Robert Stanton - Isle Guy | Monday, December 14, 2015 10:06 AM
Article written by Robert Stanton - Isle Guy
- We smile at each other and at strangers (because we’re happy to live on such a beautiful island).
- We start conversations with unknown folk at the grocery store (especially in the vegetable department where we might ask, “What is that?” or “How do you cook that?”
- We take all the back streets on the weekends and when there are special events (and we don’t share this information).
- We buy our seafood on the wharf.
- We drive sensibly (no road rage here).
- No matter where we’re going we manage to drive down the Seawall (just to see what the water looks like today).
- We know about the skeletons in people’s closets (but we keep it to ourselves).
- We love our politics and don’t mind sharing our opinion (especially when we are opposed to something).
- Ask a Galvestonian, “When was the last time you went swimming in the Gulf?” The answer might surprise you.
- When we travel we are happy to cross the Causeway to return to the beautiful sight of the island we call home.