Galveston.com  Saint Luke Missionary Baptist Church


No category details found in database.
general map reviews

In 1894, 36 members of Union Baptist Church received letters to dismiss them from the church. They started a new church by meeting in homes until a lot with two houses was obtained at 15th and Avenue N. The name St. Luke was suggested by a Mrs. Bess and received a majority of the votes. The church on 15th and Avenue N was destroyed by the 1900 Storm.

The church then moved to 9th and Broadway. The present site was purchased in 1911. The name St. Luke was suggested by a Mrs. Bess and received a majority of the votes. The church on 15th and Avenue N was destroyed by the 1900 Storm.

The church then moved to 9th and Broadway. The present site was purchased in 1911.