Galveston Pleasure Pier Exclusive Sneak Peek
The Kick-off Celebration Continues!
[ May 23, 2012] - The Pier is Back! Summer has arrived and so has the new Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, bringing a new standard of waterfront fun to the Gulf Coast. The $60 million destination boasts a theme park of family attractions, with rides, games of chance and skill, entertainment, great food venues and retail shops.
Of special note, Texas’ first Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is now open.
The Texas-sized Pier developed by Tilman Fertitta, sole owner, chairman and CEO of Landry’s, is 120 feet-wide and 1,130 feet-long. The Pier thrusts boldly into the Gulf of Mexico from 25th Street at the famous Galveston Seawall, welcoming guests for dining, rides, games and entertainment throughout the year. Rides from thrilling to gentle line the long Pier perimeter, creating an exciting sensation of being suspended above the water.
The Pier is located at 2501 Seawall Boulevard.
The Exclusive Sneak Peek hours are:
| Thursday, May 31
||1pm to 9pm
|Friday, June 1 - Saturday, June 2
||10am to midnight
|Sunday, June 3
||10am to 11pm
|Monday, June 4 - Thursday, June 7
||Noon to 11pm
All Day Ride Pass
- $21.99** for adults (48” and up)
- $16.99** for children (under 48”)
- Good for all rides all day and Pier access
Pier Pass (Walk-on)
- $10* for adults (48” and up)
- $8* for children (under 48”)
- Pass required for admittance to pier; ride tickets sold separately at booths/kiosks (good for day of purchase only)
Individual Ride Tickets
- Starting at $4.00* per ticket
- Must purchase a walk-on pass to gain access to the pier
* Plus tax
** All day come and go unlimited ride access
13 of the 16 exhilarating rides are open during the sneak peek, including:
- Pirate’s Plunge Log Flume promises to thrill and chill you on warm days when your flume splashes 22 feet and 40 feet into cool, fresh water.
- Carousel gives a beautiful, cheery greeting to guests as they enter the Pier’s Midway. In fact, this classic double-decker temptation to ride has horses, chariots or sea creatures galloping right in the Midway, so why not start here?
- Revolution Up, down AND around. How fast? Try less than seven seconds a revolution! And did we mention it revolves you out OVER THE WATER?
- Rock N’ Roll has a retro glitter style that would make Elvis blush. Climb in your car and ride backwards, forwards and around to the music. Cool.
- Cyclone coaster loops 60 feet into the air to rotate passengers forward and backward, while the horizon does flip-flops.
- Sea Dragon is a swinger with an ocean view. First it swings its 10 rows of riders up, up, up 50 feet over the Pier, then takes them down and back up, over the water.
- Gulf Glider is a colorful classic swing carousel, with single and double seats that swing while you rotate and tilt.
- Pier Pileup Bumper Cars let you channel those Interstate 45 aggressions into a million laughs in antique and classic bash-‘em vehicles. This is actually two rides: One for kids, with smaller cars, another for adults. Similar to most of the rides at family-focused Pleasure Pier, parents and their children can ride together in the big cars.
- Texas Tea Cups is another Midway classic, fun for adults and kids, especially together. The cups twirl. The riders giggle.
- Big Wheelin’ knows little kids like big trucks. Smaller kids can ride with an adult, bigger kids on their own in this safely circling convoy.
- Frog Hopper gets its name from, well, hopping. It takes a load of kids up, and then – wait for it – drops them, not too far, but when they don’t expect it. And then, whoa, drops them again. They like it. They laugh.
- Sky Shooter at rest looks like a huge blue and orange spider napping. Then it wakes and goes wild, spinning its 10 captive vehicles while taking them up and down, round and round, even out over the ocean. Wanna fly higher? Push a button and you do. Whew!
From Snacks to Fine Dining!
Texas’ first Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. features delectable seafood dining. Its food-to-go option, Gump on the Run, is located alongside. Recognized for outstanding seafood, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. makes shrimp the star, offering 19 different preparations. The menu also offers an exciting variety of fish entrees, crisp salads, fun children’s meals, creative desserts and award winning ribs. The Pier also offers several quick service food and beverage options for choices such as hamburgers, hot dogs, corndogs, sausage on a stick, chicken fingers, cotton candy, pretzels, pizza and much more.
Take Home the Feeling!
Gifts at Pleasure Pier, located directly across Seawall Boulevard, has traditional branded apparel and souvenirs as well as themed ride apparel, beach products, assorted shells and sea life merchandise. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. retail offers branded merchandise such as glassware, caps and fun souvenirs created specifically for the Galveston Island location. Pelican’s Bag provides themed ride apparel, Pleasure Pier merchandise and assorted beach items. Lolli & Pop’s Candy Shoppe entices with sweets from gummy items to nostalgic candies such as wax Coke Bottles and Bit o’ Honey. Several retail kiosks and carts are strategically positioned throughout the pier offering needed sundries as well as souvenirs.
- Peak Season $10 / 3 hours ($2 every hour for a maximum of $16 for the day)
- Parking lot opens at 8am until 2am (next morning); cars will be towed at 3am if lot not vacated
- Lost tickets $16
- Do NOT leave ticket in vehicle.
- Only occupy ONE space. Vehicles parked inappropriately are subject to being towed at owner’s expense.
- Pricing subject to change/seasonal.
- Please leave items secure within your vehicle.
- $10 validation for diners spending $25 or more at Bubba Gump and Fish Tales restaurants during specific time periods. Ask your server for details.
- No tailgaiting, grilling or picnics.
- Bus, tractor trailer & RV parking is not allowed in premium lot.
- Vehicles may not be left overnight.
- Unauthorized or abandoned vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
For additional information and hours of operations for the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, please visit www.pleasurepier.com or call 855-789-7437.
About Galveston.com & Company...
Galveston.com & Company, Inc.is a destination marketing corporation based in Galveston, Texas. The company specializes in destination portals, as well as online lodging, cruise, parking, and transportation reservations; and event ticketing via its proprietary DestinationNext module. For more information, contact Galveston.com & Company at via phone (409)763-8676 or email at email@example.com.
Add Your Comments...