Galveston.com Honored with Christie Mitchell Award During Chamber Gala
[March 4, 2010] - The Galveston Chamber of Commerce honored Galveston.com & Company, as well as its member businesses celebrating over 100 years in business, at their Annual Meeting, March 4th.
“The business community is the life blood of our city. How many cities can boast of more than 30 businesses over 100 years of age”, said Gina Spagnola, President, “it speaks well of our wonderful community and we’re excited to honor and call attention to these strong cornerstones in our city.”
The Port of Galveston is the oldest having been established by a proclamation from the Congress of Mexico in 1825 with Del Papa Distributing, Inc. just turning 100 this year.
In addition to the businesses over 100, the Chamber presented the following awards:
- Ambassador of the Year 2009, JessieAnn Bradshaw
- Ambassador Newcomer Award 2009, Reece Wood
- Volunteer of the Year 2009, Dolph Tillotson – Advocacy
- Volunteer of the Year 2009, Victor Pierson - Governmental Affairs
- Small Business of the Year 2009, Katie’s Seafood
- Outstanding Event Chair 2009, Teri Wenglein Callender
- Celebrating Women: Mind, Body Spirit
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2009, Allen Flores
- Large Business of the Year 2009, Malin International Ship Repair & Drydock, Inc.
- Christie Mitchell Award 2009, Galveston.com & Company
"As we move from recovery to discovery, it is so important to recognize those individuals and businesses that have worked so hard to assure that the Business Community continues to grow and thrive”, said Fred Raschke, Board of Directors Chair. “We applaud their efforts to promote and advocate for business. Together we all succeed."
Galveston.com & Company President, Lee Roane, said, "Galveston.com & Company has been fortunate to receive a number of wonderful awards over the years. However, none hold a candle to the prestige and honor of the Christie Mitchell Award. We are truly humbled."
The event took place at the San Luis Resort Hotel Ballroom with a “Roaring 20s” theme on March 4th. Music was provided by Sparky's Jazz Express.
About Galveston.com & Company...
Galveston.com & Company, Inc.is a destination marketing corporation based in Galveston, Texas. The company specializes in destination portals, as well as online lodging, cruise, parking, and transportation reservations; and event ticketing via its proprietary DestinationNext module. For more information, contact Galveston.com & Company at via phone (409)763-8676 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Your Comments...